Mark October 23rd on your calendars for the 2016 IGT Legs for Literacy event. Last year was another success and this year, we look forward to putting on another great event. We will be announcing our charitable donations to local literacy projects soon! Our 2016 planning has already begun so stay tuned for updates by checking the web site, on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LegsforLiteracyCourirPourLire or sign up for our newsletter here.
Once again we will feature four races- 5k, 10k, half and full marathons. Based on runner feedback, runners really enjoy our route: we plan some minor adjustments that will be designed to make it even better. We will also have a Family Run/Walk on race weekend.
Did you know -
- This year we will be a RunNB Running Room Super Series Event for the half marathon distance and the NB half marathon championship.
- Our course is a Boston Qualifier (certified course NBSS-2014-106-BDC) and half marathon times can be used for qualification at the New York City Marathon!
- August 13, 2016 - We are making more changes to our shirts. Not only will they be a new style this year, but we also improved the graphics. And don’t forget the medal. We have also expanded the new design to the ribbon. Here is a preview of our new look: http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/swag.aspx
- August 13, 2016 - Our maps are ready and the routes are finalized. Check out the details for each distance, plus the relay here: http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/route.aspx.
- July 8, 2016 - We want to thank McInnis Cooper for their generosity over the past year. We appreciate the time and energy your employees dedicated to helping us. Thank you again for supporting our event.
- July 8, 2016 - We are pleased to announce that Jano Natural Spring Water is our official water supplier this year. Thank you for your generous donation. We appreciate your support. This will help keep all our participants hydrated!
- June 18, 2016 - New T-shirt Style! We are changing suppliers. This year’s runner and volunteer shirts are from New Balance. The long sleeve technical runner shirt will be blue while the volunteer shirt is red. It is important to note that the sizing is different from the shirt of the past few years. This year the shirts are men’s and women’s sizes. Please look at our size chart when choosing your shirt. Samples will be available to try on after June 25th, at the Moncton Running Room. Click here for the size chart and sample color.
- March 1, 2016 - Registration is now open on the Running Room and Race Roster site. Click here to register.