Mark October 23rd on your calendars for the 2016 IGT Legs for Literacy event. Last year was another success and this year, we look forward to putting on another great event. We will be announcing our charitable donations to local literacy projects soon! Our 2016 planning has already begun so stay tuned for updates by checking the web site, on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LegsforLiteracyCourirPourLire or sign up for our newsletter here.
Once again we will feature four races- 5k, 10k, half and full marathons. Based on runner feedback, runners really enjoy our route: we plan some minor adjustments that will be designed to make it even better. We will also have a Family Run/Walk on race weekend.
Did you know -
- This year we will be a RunNB Running Room Super Series Event for the half marathon distance and the NB half marathon championship.
- Our course is a Boston Qualifier (certified course NBSS-2014-106-BDC) and half marathon times can be used for qualification at the New York City Marathon!
- December 12, 2015 - Registration is now open on the Race Roster site. Our first price increase is May 16th so register early to take advantage of the lowest rate. Click here to register.
- December 10, 2015 - Our annual general meeting will take place on January 12th at 7:00pm, in the main floor meeting room, at the Moncton Public Library located at 644 Main Street, Moncton. To ensure we have adequate seating capacity, we would appreciate a response if you plan to attend - email@example.com
- December 3, 2015 - This year RBC has once again generously supported our event. They had 28 employees either volunteer or participate. We would like to thank them for their $2,500.00 donation and their employees for contributing to an event that promotes an active lifestyle while raising money for a good cause.
- November 3, 2015 - Nice article in the Times and Transcript by Jana Giles - "A "Runner's Personality" should be adopted in everyday life" - http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/2015%20jana%20giles.pdf
- November 3, 2015 - If you did not pick up your medal for one of the age categories, we will be at the Moncton Running Room on Thursday Nov 12 for medal pick up between 5pm and 6:30pm. We will also bring the” lost and found” items from the race. Here is a link to the awards list - http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/photos_results/default.aspx
- November 1, 2015 - Winners of the 2015 School Cheer Challenge - Congratulations Mathieu Martin Cheerleaders!
- October 27, 2015 - Congratulations newsletter - http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0e05a35f9010f4d655ce812b1&id=3415d61e13
- October 26, 2015 - A message from our full marathon sponsor and official recovery beverage of Legs for Literacy, Recharge with Milk: Dealing with Post Season Blues: http://www.rechargewithmilk.ca/the-latest/Dealing-with-Post-Season-Blues?utm_campaign=Spon15&utm_medium=email&utm_source=LL&utm_content=AW
- October 26, 2015 - Congratulations to all participants and thank you to all volunteers and sponsors. We could not have done it without you!
- October 24, 2015 - Visit the Recharge with Milk Recovery Zone at the finish line for the full Recovery experience.
* 500ml sample of cold chocolate milk will be provided to help you recharge, rehydrate and refuel after your workout.
* Visit the trivia wheel to see how chocolate milk stacks up to other products.
* Bean bag chairs will be available to relax.
* Photo wall where images are uploaded to www.facebook.com/rechargewithmilk
* Receive FREE Recharge with Milk swag items.
Boost Your Stamina, Boost Your Performance
Want to make the most of gym time? To get more out of each training session, experts recommend increasing endurance and stamina.
Read the full article here:
- October 23, 2015 - Press Release - http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/Press%20release%20Legs%202015%20draft.pdf
- October 23, 2015 - "We are down to the final days!" Newsletter - http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0e05a35f9010f4d655ce812b1&id=40b1b2ff70
- October 22, 2015 - Schedule for the Family Run Walk on Saturday - http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/funrun.aspx and press release - http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0e05a35f9010f4d655ce812b1&id=20b013cfb7
- October 22, 2015 - See our list of expo speakers and exhibitors: http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/expo/default.aspx
- October 21, 2015 - Traffic Disruptions - click here
- October 14, 2015 - "Race Day is near!" Newsletter - http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0e05a35f9010f4d655ce812b1&id=82a195721a
- October 12, 2015 - A story in the Times and Transcript by Stephanie Patterson - http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/School%20District%20supports%20Legs.pdf
- October 8, 2015 - Route details are now online - http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/route.aspx
- October 5, 2015 - Celebrate at the Coors Light After-Party - Shaped by a partnership between Coors Light and the Old Triangle, this year participants, volunteers, family and friends are invited to the Coors Light After Party, immediately following the IGT Legs for Literacy. And talk about convenient – the Old Triangle is immediately across the street from the Finish Line and the Celebration Plaza. The fun starts at 10AM. See you there!
- October 1, 2015 - Get the whole family involved in the 16th annual IGT Legs for Literacy weekend. On Saturday, October 24th families will have the opportunity to get active together by participating in the Family Run/Walk Event at Riverfront Park in Downtown Moncton. http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0e05a35f9010f4d655ce812b1&id=20b013cfb7
- September 21, 2015 - Our race director, Susan Edgett, was interviewed by CBC Moncton Information Morning. Here is her interview: http://www.cbc.ca/…/Ra…/Local+Shows/Maritimes/ID/2675871583/
- September 20, 2015 - New this year – For those who would like to personalize their medal, you can do so by ordering an iTab – a small plate engraved with your name and finish time that fits neatly into the back of the medal.
You can pre-order the iTab as part of the registration process (currently only available on the Race Roster registration site, but coming soon to the Running Room site) or you can order it directly from iTab. If you pre-order your iTab, it will be automatically sent to you through the mail system after our event. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
If you order your iTab after the event, simply go the iTab website,located here, confirm the details, proceed to the checkout, and your iTab will be mailed directly to you.
- September 14, 2015 - September newsletter - http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0e05a35f9010f4d655ce812b1&id=9aa42f11aa
- September 7, 2015 - Our last early registration cutoff is September 13th. Register now to take advantage of discounted pricing! http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/register.aspx
- August 30, 2015 - Last year we required over 500 volunteers to help put on a first class event. This year we need even more! What a great opportunity to come out and support your friends and family as they participate in our event. Anyone interested in sharing some of their time and energy with us, please email legsforliteracy.com or register online at http://raceroster.com/events/2015/4646/igt-legs-for-literacy/volunteer.
- July 29, 2015 - July Newsletter - http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/2015%20july%20runner%20email%20blast.pdf
- July 6, 2015 - Training time is approaching. Clinics start this week for the full and half marathon. The fun begins! https://www.events.runningroom.com/hm2/index.php
- June 8, 2015 - Our T-shirt color for 2015 is Irish Green!
- June 8, 2015 - We would like to welcome back the following sponsors : IGT (GTECH), Recharge with Milk, Goodlife Fitness, Medavie Blue Cross, Majesta, Running Room, Fondation des caisses populaires acadiennes, Hawk, Advocate Printing, and Maritime Broadcasting (Max 103.9, K94.5, Choix 99.9). More announcements coming soon.
- April 28, 2015 - IGT Legs for Literacy Running Event announces new Race Director: http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/Race%20Director%20announcement.pdf
- April 14, 2015 - Nice article in the Times and Transcript on local runners going to Boston - http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/going%20to%20boston%202015.pdf
- March 11, 2015 - The Legs for Literacy committee was pleased to present a check for $128,000.00 to Moncton area literacy projects. The committee would like to thank all the participants, volunteers, and sponsors for their support. We look forward to seeing you again on October 25, 2015. Check out our year to year donation breakdown here.
- February 22, 2015 - The New Brunswick Challenge, Maritime Challenge, and the Ultimate Running Challenge are all returning this year. Click here for more details.
- February 1, 2015 - Registration is now open on the Running Room and Race Roster sites. Take note of our new pricing structure. Our first price increase is May 16th so register early to take advantage of the lowest rate. Click here to register.