Mark October 23rd on your calendars for the 2016 IGT Legs for Literacy event. Last year was another success and this year, we look forward to putting on another great event. We will be announcing our charitable donations to local literacy projects soon! Our 2016 planning has already begun so stay tuned for updates by checking the web site, on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LegsforLiteracyCourirPourLire or sign up for our newsletter here.
Once again we will feature four races- 5k, 10k, half and full marathons. Based on runner feedback, runners really enjoy our route: we plan some minor adjustments that will be designed to make it even better. We will also have a Family Run/Walk on race weekend.
Did you know -
- This year we will be a RunNB Running Room Super Series Event for the half marathon distance and the NB half marathon championship.
- Our course is a Boston Qualifier (certified course NBSS-2014-106-BDC) and half marathon times can be used for qualification at the New York City Marathon!
- October 24, 2016 - Please watch the Tuesday, October 26th edition of the Times and Transcript for race results.
- October 24, 2016 - Due to a course error in the 10 KM Event, most runners would only have run a distance of 9.5 km. The official results have been posted on-line at AtlanticChip.ca based on a 9.5 km distance. We apologize for our error and any confusion or disappointment it may have caused. For further information on this matter, please contact us at legsforliteracy.com.
- October 24, 2016 - Congratulations to all participants and thank you to all volunteers and sponsors. We could not have done it without you!
- October 22, 2016 - Due to weather conditions, we are cancelling the Tim Horton's Family Walk Run Event at 10am. Kids registered for this event made are still welcome to the Expo and receive their book. For those registered for this event, we will are offering a free entry to the same event next year. Thank you for your understanding.
- October 19, 2016 - New! This year we have partnered with the following restaurants to offer Legs for Literacy specials Saturday, October 22 (when presenting your bib): Pizza Delight, 188 Mountain Road, Triiio, Delta Beausejour, Rossano's, 9 Champlain Street, and Old Triangle, 751 Main Street. http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/pastadinner.aspx
- October 15, 2016 - Keep your Bib! Present your bib at a GoodLife Fitness location and get free workouts until October 31, 2016.
- October 6, 2016 - New merchandise this year. Look for our buffs at the expo. $15.00 each. http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/swag.aspx
- September 29, 2016 - We would like to welcome Tim Hortons as our Family Run Walk Sponsor. Thank you for supporting our event!
- September 4, 2016 - We would like to welcome Killam Properties as the sponsor of our Team Relay event. Thank you for supporting our event!
- August 28, 2016 - Last year we required over 460 volunteers to help put on a first class event. This year we need even more! What a great opportunity to come out and support your friends and family as they participate in our event. Anyone interested in sharing some of their time and energy with us, please email email@example.com or visit http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/volunteer/default.aspx. Volunteers will be given a complimentary volunteer t-shirt and have the chance to win many draw prizes.
- August 13, 2016 - We are making more changes to our shirts. Not only will they be a new style this year, but we also improved the graphics. And don’t forget the medal. We have also expanded the new design to the ribbon. Here is a preview of our new look: http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/swag.aspx
- August 13, 2016 - Our maps are ready and the routes are finalized. Check out the details for each distance, plus the relay here: http://legsforliteracy.com/en/home/theevent/route.aspx.
- July 8, 2016 - We want to thank McInnis Cooper for their generosity over the past year. We appreciate the time and energy your employees dedicated to helping us. Thank you again for supporting our event.
- July 8, 2016 - We are pleased to announce that Jano Natural Spring Water is our official water supplier this year. Thank you for your generous donation. We appreciate your support. This will help keep all our participants hydrated!
- June 18, 2016 - New T-shirt Style! We are changing suppliers. The long sleeve technical runner shirt will be blue while the volunteer shirt is red. It is important to note that the sizing is different from the shirt of the past few years. This year the shirts are men’s and women’s sizes. Please look at our size chart when choosing your shirt. Click here for the size chart and sample color.
- March 1, 2016 - Registration is now open on the Running Room and Race Roster site. Click here to register.