Mark October 25th on your calendars for the 2015 IGT Legs for Literacy event. Last year was our biggest and best event to date. Thanks to the support of our sponsors and participants, we donated $128,000 to local literacy initiatives in 2014! Our 2015 planning has already begun so stay tuned for updates over the coming months at www.legsforliteracy.com or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LegsforLiteracyCourirPourLire.
Once again we will feature four races- 5k, 10k, half and full marathons. Based on runner feedback, runners really enjoy our route: we plan some minor adjustments that will be designed to make it even better. We will also have a Youth Athletic Event on race weekend.
Did you know -
- This year we will be a RunNB Running Room Super Series Event for the marathon distance.
- Our course is a Boston Qualifier (certified course NBSS-2014-106-BDC) and half marathon times can be used for qualification at the New York City Marathon!
- August 30, 2015 - Last year we required over 500 volunteers to help put on a first class event. This year we need even more! What a great opportunity to come out and support your friends and family as they participate in our event. Anyone interested in sharing some of their time and energy with us, please email legsforliteracy.com or register online at http://raceroster.com/events/2015/4646/igt-legs-for-literacy/volunteer.
- July 29, 2015 - July Newsletter - http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/2015%20july%20runner%20email%20blast.pdf
- July 6, 2015 - Training time is approaching. Clinics start this week for the full and half marathon. The fun begins! https://www.events.runningroom.com/hm2/index.php
- June 8, 2015 - Our T-shirt color for 2015 is Irish Green!
- June 8, 2015 - We would like to welcome back the following sponsors : IGT (GTECH), Recharge with Milk, Goodlife Fitness, Medavie Blue Cross, Majesta, Running Room, Fondation des caisses populaires acadiennes, Hawk, Advocate Printing, and Maritime Broadcasting (Max 103.9, K94.5, Choix 99.9). More announcements coming soon.
- April 28, 2015 - IGT Legs for Literacy Running Event announces new Race Director: http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/Race%20Director%20announcement.pdf
- April 14, 2015 - Nice article in the Times and Transcript on local runners going to Boston - http://legsforliteracy.com/site/media/Parent/going%20to%20boston%202015.pdf
- March 11, 2015 - The Legs for Literacy committee was pleased to present a check for $128,000.00 to Moncton area literacy projects. The committee would like to thank all the participants, volunteers, and sponsors for their support. We look forward to seeing you again on October 25, 2015. Check out our year to year donation breakdown here.
- February 22, 2015 - The New Brunswick Challenge, Maritime Challenge, and the Ultimate Running Challenge are all returning this year. Click here for more details.
- February 1, 2015 - Registration is now open on the Running Room and Race Roster sites. Take note of our new pricing structure. Our first price increase is May 16th so register early to take advantage of the lowest rate. Click here to register.